Ordering Information

SCROLL DOWN TO ORDER THIS WEEK'S PIZZA!!

Every week, we announce and deliver the PIZZA OF THE WEEK.

Pizza deliveries are made on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Because all topping ingredients are sourced and prepared fresh to order,

please place your order a day in advance for best availability.


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

VEGETABLE MEDLEY - PIZZA OF THE WEEK(END)!!

Greetings from

LIVE LYVE RAW VEGAN CUISINE!!


PIZZA OF THE WEEK

VEGETABLE MEDLEY


Fresh tender Broccoli, succulent Mushrooms, Sweet Peppers, and ripe Tomatoes marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Himalayan Salt with slivers of Sweet Onion and finely chopped Garlic over our delicious Marinara Sauce on our signature crust, and topped with Nut Cheeze

100% RAW! 100% GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, MEAT-FREE!! 100% DELICIOUS!!

Order your pizza for delivery this weekend!
OR email livelyvenola@gmail.com OR call (504) 994-7745
Let us know how many pizzas you want, and where/when you want it delivered (weekends only)!!
New Orleans only
(except the Westbank and far New Orleans East)

A WORD FROM THE CHEF


Monday February 6th begins the 7-day RAW challenge. For those of you taking on the challenge, here are a few links to raw food recipe sites that I like:
http://rawfoods.com/recipes/
http://aniphyo.com/blog/category/recipes/
http://www.rawfamily.com/recipes

Overwhelmed by all the choices on those sites? What works for me are simple dishes that can last a few days (and even become more flavorful) in the fridge. If it involves too many steps, I'm not likely to prepare it (unless it's for a client).

Right now, I have a delicious kale-seaweed salad in my fridge from the kale I'm growing at our community garden. My daughter and I have been munching on it pretty much every day since the weekend. It's simple - thinly sliced kale, olive oil, lemon juice and/or balsamic vinegar, liquid aminos and a little agave. I rarely use measurements. (This drives some people crazy, I know. Sorry! When I come out with a cookbook, there WILL be measurements) This kale-seaweed salad recipe looks yummy - http://www.dailytransformations.com/detoxifying-kale-and-seaweed-salad-for-springtime-cleansing/ !!

For next week, I plan to stock up on nori (untoasted seaweed) sheets for quick nori rolls. Again, I prefer simple recipes. I slice ripe avocado, sweet peppers, maybe carrots, sundried tomatoes (for a burst of flavor), and a little crunchy wakame seaweed. Arrange a few pieces of each on the bottom half of a nori sheet and wrap it up! Easy and full of flavor.

Another staple that's easy to make (but you need a dehydrator) is this AMAZING onion bread. I actually do use a recipe for that one. Here it is: http://www.rawfreedomcommunity.info/forum/showthread.php?t=112.

Finally, the easiest, most splendidly addictive "dish" I make whether I'm 100% raw or 10% raw..... (drum roll, please).... GREEN SMOOTHIE. My day just doesn't feel right if I don't start it off with a energy-giving, sweet delicious green smoothie. It's simply a mix of fresh kale (3-4 large leaves), about a cup of frozen mixed fruit, 2 bananas, and water (as needed for desired thickness) blended in a high-powered blender (love my Vita-Mix!!) until smooth. This makes 2-3 full glasses of smoothie. I share with my daughter, drink a glass at breakfast, and then sip throughout the day. I add a tablespoon of flax seed oil to my individual glass as well.

If you would like to join the 7-day RAW challenge, beginning February 6th, email me at livelyvenola@gmail.com!!
Jenga Mwendo
Owner/Chef
LiveLyve Raw Vegan Cuisine
(504) 994-7745
livelyvenola@gmail.com
And check us out on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment