Ordering Information

SCROLL DOWN TO ORDER THIS WEEK'S PIZZA!!

Every week, we announce and deliver the PIZZA OF THE WEEK.

Pizza deliveries are made on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

Because all topping ingredients are sourced and prepared fresh to order,

please place your order a day in advance for best availability.


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MEXICO VERDE PIZZA!! ORDER TODAY!

PIZZA OF THE WEEK


This week, we welcome a guest chef who will delight your taste buds with exquisite raw vegan fare.

Chef Juba Kali presents

MEXICO VERDE

pizza!!


A savory mix of Sea Salted Heirloom Tomatoes, Marinated Kale, and Avocado with Brazil Nut Cheese over a Tomatillo Mojo Sauce on our signature crust.

** contains nutritional yeast

100% RAW! 100% GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, MEAT-FREE!! 100% DELICIOUS!!

Order your pizza for delivery this weekend!

About Juba Kali: A graduate of Johnson and Wales University, Juba Kali pleased New Orleans crowds as co-owner of the Burrito Juke Joint, a pop-up restaurant in mid-City. He was also a finalist in the Food Network's 2011 season of the Next Food Network Star. And he's my brother! I'm so excited to have him share his talents with you!


A WORD FROM THE CHEF


I don't remember the reason I decided to explore a raw vegan lifestyle almost 10 years ago. After reading a lot about it, I began a 100% raw diet for an entire year. For me, a lazy kinda chef, that meant lots of fresh fruit for breakfast, an enormous salad for lunch, and snacks of dried fruit and nuts during the day. I must confess that I am not a very disciplined person. I did this because I truly wanted to. I'd been reading Conscious Eating by Dr. Gabriel Cousens and a couple of David Wolfe's books. It all made complete sense to me - cooked food was dead, not life-giving. Why would I eat it? Cooked food began looking as appetizing as cardboard. I simply didn't want it. For an entire year, I enjoyed the benefits of a 100% raw vegan lifestyle - tons of energy, increased happiness, clear skin, reduced sinus problems, no sickness. It was great.

I have another confession to make - I'm not 100% raw vegan now. But what that one year of raw did for me was allow my body to re-set itself, in a way. I was able to get rid of unhealthy cravings, and my Self actually became physically averse to foods that weren't good. I simply do not want deep-fried foods anymore; my body will reject them. I know that most breads aren't good for me because they leave me feeling extremely tired (or even nauseous if I eat them on an empty stomach). I am not interested in eating animal flesh, although I do eat fish when I want to. I still have a sweet tooth, but I literally can't stand candy made with artificial ingredients. On the flip side, my sinuses clear up immediately when I eat a 100% raw meal. I love the feeling of being energized AFTER I eat. Knowing that I'm consuming food in its original raw form makes me feel more connected with the Source.

The point is - I have found a way to nurture my Self and enjoy all meals... the easy way. I'm not forcing myself, or denying myself. The Live Lyve Raw Vegan Cuisine Lyve-Style is not about obsessing over every single morsel that you put into your mouth. It's about truly understanding what your Self wants and enjoying every meal. Some people start looking at eating raw because they want to lose weight. Your ideal weight will come when you learn to listen to your Self and start to lovingly fuel your body with what it wants and needs. Some people start looking at eating raw because they want to heal from sickness. Your perfect health will come when you truly become attuned to what your body wants and needs. Of course, there are always exceptions and everyone is different. You may not get there the same way I'm getting there. But at the very least, it's nice to sit down and eat something that leaves you feeling good and not guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment